Goat Cheese Potato “Lasagna”
- 5 lbs. Red New Potatoes
- 1 qt. Heavy Cream
- 10 oz. Goat Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese – grated
- 2 Tbs. Garlic
- ½ bunch Italian Parsley – chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream with chopped garlic.
- Thinly slice potatoes – preferably on a mandolin.
- Let the potatoes soak in the heavy cream mixture for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- In a casserole dish, arrange potatoes (layered) and sprinkle with salt, fresh ground pepper, goat cheese, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Continue layering until you run out of potatoes.
- Top the last layer of potatoes with cheeses, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Cover “lasagna” with parchment paper and foil.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove parchment paper and foil.
- Place back in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Top will brown and potatoes will be cooked through.
- Test with the tip of a knife – potatoes should be tender.