Roger’s Gardens is proud to present our 3rd Annual Dahlia Show and Contest, showcasing dozens of locally grown Dahlias. We invite you to bring in your Dahlia flowers and enter the contest to win prizes. Please bring in your entries, with the variety names, if known, before 11 AM on Saturday. There will be prizes and ribbons for the best three entries, 1st place – $50, 2nd place – $25, and 3rd place – $10. In addition, all entrants will receive 20% off their nursery purchases for the weekend. Dahlias will be on display until 5 PM on Sunday. Be sure to stop by to view these amazing flowers.
RULES FOR EXHIBITORS
The purpose of this show is to promote awareness and enjoyment of dahlias and does not conform to the rules of a regulation show, although many of the guidelines are similar.
- All entries must have been grown in the exhibitor’s garden.
- Exhibitors may enter as many entries as they wish, but only one of a variety may be judged. As many stem per vase as desired.
- More than one exhibitor may enter from the same garden.
- Because this is an amateur contest, proper plant identification is not required. Show staff will assist where possible to correctly identify unknown varieties.
- Exhibitors may place their own entries into the show area or allow show staff to assist.
- Entry paperwork will be provided at time of entry. Information must be legible.
- Roger’s Gardens cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage.
Awards will be on at approximately 12:00 PM. Winners need not be present.
All entries become the property of Roger’s Gardens upon entry. Entries will be on display until 5:00 PM Sunday. Individual entries may be removed based upon appearance and shelf life.
Special Notice: Roger’s Gardens provides vases for all entries, and does not permit outside vases or other display materials. Only the dahlias are being judged, not the container.