Essential Tomato Gardening Tool Guide
1. Garden Trowel: This small, handheld tool is perfect for digging holes for planting and transplanting seedlings.
Roger’s Products: Long handle trowel, forged small trowel, forged transplant trowel, welldone trowel
2. Garden Fork: A garden fork is a versatile tool that can be used for breaking up soil, aerating the soil, and weeding.
Roger’s Products: Short Handle Cultivator (5 Tine), Short Handle Cultivator (3 Tine)
3. Pruning Shears: Pruning shears are essential for maintaining the shape and health of tomato plants by removing dead or diseased branches.
Roger’s Products: Corona thinning sheer and the Corona branch and stem pruner
4. Garden Hoe: A garden hoe is a great tool for creating furrows for planting seeds, weeding, and breaking up soil clumps.
Roger’s Products: Patio Knife
5. Garden Gloves: Garden gloves protect your hands from blisters and cuts, and are essential for working in the garden.
Roger’s Products: Comfort Pro brand sizes small- large
6. Trellis or Stakes: Tomato plants grow tall and need support to keep their stems from breaking. Trellis or stakes are useful for keeping the plants upright.
Roger’s Products: Tomato Cages
7. Watering Can or Hose: Regular watering is essential for the growth and productivity of tomato plants. A watering can or hose makes it easy to water the plants.
Roger’s Products: Traditional Watering Can, One Touch Valve
8. Garden Shovel: A garden shovel is useful for digging holes for planting and for turning soil over when preparing the garden bed.
Roger’s Products: RG Shovel Collection
These tools are essential for successful tomato gardening. With these tools, you can ensure healthy growth and productive harvests from your tomato plants.