Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 300F
- Line a cookie sheet or 2 with parchment paper
- Seed the pumpkin: Using a large spoon, scrape the pulp and seeds out of your pumpkin into a bowl.
- Clean the seeds: Separate the seeds from the stringy pulp, rinse the seeds in a colander under cold water and shake of excess water to dry. Do not use paper towels as the seeds will stick.
- Dry the seeds: Spread the seeds in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes to dry them out.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the spices of your choice. See variations below.
- Toss the seeds with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and spread out again in a single layer.
- Return to the oven and bake until crisp and golden about 20 minutes
Variations:Cinnamon + Sugar
Parmesan + Dry Basil + Dry Oregano
BBQ Spice + Chipotle Powder or Cayenne for extra heat