Skip to content
Slow Roasted Pumpkin Puree Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Line a cookie sheet or 2 with parchment paper
- Wash your pumpkin.
- Using a sharp knife slice in half or quarters and remove the seeds.
- Slice again in strips and then into cubes.
- Arrange the cubes in a single layer on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30-45 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the type of pumpkin used and the size of the cubes.
- The pumpkin is cooked when the pulp is soft and fork tender.
- Allow the pumpkin to cool completely.
- Roasted pumpkin is now ready to mash it with a fork or ricer for a coarser puree or puree it in a blender or food processor if you want it smoother texture for pies and pancakes.
- This puree is good in the refrigerator for 7 days or can be packed up to freeze up to 4 months.