Tarragon and Chervil Compound Butter
• 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter (vegan butter works great too)
• 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
• 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
• 1 ½ tsp finely chopped chervil
• 1 ½ tsp finely chopped parsley
• flaky salt and pepper to taste
1) Place butter in a medium bowl. Cream with a fork and add tarragon, chives, chervil, and parsley. Mix thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
2) Mound butter on a piece of waxed paper, roll to form a cylinder or cake shape.
3) If you would like you can lay fresh herb leaves and edible flowers on the butter after you form the roll or cake and then recover the wax paper to press it into the butter. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour. Slice to serve.