Tomato Shrub Cocktail
• 1 pound sungold tomatoes(or whatever tomato variety you love), halved
• 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
• 10 sprigs of dill
• 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
Add the tomatoes and sugar into a bowl and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge over night.
Meanwhile, place dill into a container and cover with the champagne vinegar. Store in a cool dark place overnight.
Combine the tomato sugar-mixture, any accumulated liquid and the dill vinegar into a glass jar. Shake it and put it in the fridge overnight.
Taste it, if you like it strain out the solids reserving just the liquid. If you want it to have a stronger flavor let is sit up to a week before you strain out the solids
Here is the Dill (pun intended)
• 1/2 oz simple syrup (1:1 by weight)
• 3/4 oz tomato shrub
• 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
• 2 oz gin (I like to use ventura spirits gin)
Combine all of the ingredients into a shaking tin, add ice, shake to dilute, double strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a sprig of dill.