White Bean Zucchini & Dark Opal Basil Salad
PREP: 15-30 Minutes COOK: 5 Minutes
2–3 Small or Medium Zucchini
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Shallot, Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
3 Fresh Sprigs of Oregano
2 Cups Cannellini Beans, Rinsed & Drained
1 Cup Dark Opal Basil Leaves, Loose
Salt to Taste
Black Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat your grill on high.
2. Finely chop shallots. Roll basil leaves on cutting board into a long, thick, cigar-shape. Cut into thin ribbons about ¼ inch thick. Set basil aside.
3. Place shallots, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, and fresh oregano sprigs in a large bowl. Mix well. Let the mixture sit out at room temperature to marinate while you grill the zucchini.
4. Trim away zucchini ends, and slice in half, longwise, about 1-inch thick. Drizzle zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill zucchini until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, dice into half-moons.
6. Add zucchini, beans, and basil to the to the bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper and toss well.
7. Add more vinegar or seasoning to taste.
8. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chill up to 4 hours.